Linguistics Minor Requirements
A minor in linguistics may be particularly interesting to students majoring in a foreign language, as well as majors in such fields as English, communication, psychology, computer science, sociology, speech pathology, education, philosophy and anthropology. This minor also gives an introduction to the scientific study of language to those who would like to pursue a graduate study in linguistics or related fields.
- ENGL 2136: Language and Culture
- ENGL 5147 U/G: Language Acquisition
- ENGL 5165 U/G: Introduction to Linguistics
- ENGL 5168 U/G: TESOL Methods
- And one of the following courses: ENGL 5148: Sociolinguistics; ENGL 5166: History of the English Language; or ENGL 5167: English Grammar